Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Fun sketch


I did this today as a break from penciling. I really think inking is the most fun part in making comics. At least for me it is. I do most of the work in that stage and it's always fun to be messy when you are creating. Sometimes I miss it while I get the next batch of pencils ready to go.

I chose a samurai because eventually I really want to do something set in Feudal Japan (maybe a Iron Fist one shot... Marvel? Are you listening?) Let's face it Samurai are awesome and everyone likes a good sword fight. I also want to do other period pieces sometime down the line. Maybe I'll just do a series of them or something.... Food for thought.


P.

2 comments:

Kody Chamberlain said...

Love this piece man. Great work on the subtle expression on the face.

Kamino said...

I love the kimono. Cool sword, me I can't draw weapons...